my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, August 05, 2005

got a great excuse this time

I'm knitting my mother-in-law another sweater for her birthday this month. Well, I will when the yarn comes from Herrschner's. I just ordered 9 skeins of Sirenetta in blue (oh and 10 skeins of cream for a cardi for me). Come on, it's 64% off at $1.97 a ball. I haven't stashed in over a month. Of course, I'm not going to have a lot of time to knit it. Hopefully, I'll have the yarn and pattern (ordered from Elann this morning, Knitting pure and simple's top-down summer cardigan) next week and it will be all I work on until it's done. I love the pressure of deadline knitting. NOT!

Hopefully, the car trip to VT the weekend of the 20th will allow for much knitting.

Billy had a complete and total meltdown last night. We went to Outback for dinner (I was in the mood for a steak) and he didn't want to sit in the highchair, he didn't want to sit on the booster seat, after a while, he just wanted me to hold him. Fastest steak I've ever eaten. We've been very fortunate in that he's usually very good in restaurants. I think it was a combination of having to wait and being tired (not to mention almost 2).

Hopefully, we'll be going to the beach tomorrow. We've invited the in laws to join us. I can't wait. I love the beach. I hope Billy enjoys it.

No comments: