my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

of airconditioning and natural light

I braved the heat yesterday and took some natural light photos. Boy, it does make a difference. I think the purple of the NBaT is very close to what it looks like in person. And the fabrics are pretty accurate, too. I'll try to get a sunlight shot of the sock as well. We've not been alone waiting for the bus the last couple of days, so it's not had another bus stop photo shoot. (Bus stop is one of my favorite movies. I haven't seen it in years.)

Hubby went out and bought another air conditioner last night. This one is for the main floor of the house. So we can eat without sweating, and even surf the web comfortably. I just hope the 10,000 BTU unit will fit in the window we have picked out without carpentry on our part. I'm loathe to nail the year old windows or siding. We now have four window units for our 1200 sq ft house. Our house is 80+ years old with old-fashioned steam radiators, so re-fitting it for central air is going to be exorbitant. We've talked about it and are going to wait. I can't imagine the fun it will be if we do ever have to have duct-work installed. I'm not having much luck talking Hubby out of getting one of those portable air conditioners for the basement TV room. I know it gets above 70 down there (especially when we have to do laundry), but I just don't think it's necessary. We do hope B's window unit will help him nap better on the weekends.

I've been working on the sock. It's getting bigger. I don't think you need or want to see it. Another couple of inches of st st is not scintillating blogging.

I've started researching for my design class at Stitches. Students have to bring in photos of sweaters they'd like to re-create. I just requested an Anthropologie catalog. There are about a dozen of those I'd like to knit. I don't know if I'd wear them all, but they sure are beautiful!

In other travel news, we're heading to VT for the weekend of the 4th. We have to come back before any patriotic festivities because Hubby has to work the 5th, but we'll be there for my mom's family's semi-annual get together. I'm glad they changed it from December!

No comments: